Job Title: QHSE Officer
Ref Code: MCLR/HSE/02/17
Location: Port Harcourt
To maintain, develop and continuously improve the Company’s HSEQ Management System in accordance with ISO 9001; To assist Management in promoting the necessity of maintaining a safe working culture in all aspects of the business.
• To ensure and arrange the provision of elementary Health & Safety training to all staff as required, including, but not limited to Risk Assessment, Manual Handling, Accident Investigation and Reporting, Hazard and Defect Reporting, Environmental Awareness and other relevant training needs as the role develops.
• Attend pre-job planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
• To assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
• To investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to management.
• To ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
• Lead the identification and appropriate mitigation of risks on site.
• Lead the cultural / behavioral health and safety step change programme on site by working closely with the Project Manager, Site personnel and Subcontractors.
• To co-ordinate the investigation of any accidents or incidents affecting people / property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as a senior Accident Investigator. Drive improvement programme following any incidents.
• To ensure compliance to all legal and Company standards, reviewing and reporting performance.
• To manage the local site security guards provision. To identify and spread good practice across the site, division and company to ensure a consistent approach is achieved.
• To ensure all staff receive appropriate training in health safety security and environment.
• To lead any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate.
• To be aware of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
• To develop a positive HSE culture on site, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to forward their their application with mail subject : QHSE Officer to( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline; NOT STATED