Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
To ensure that fixed assets, prepayments, accruals and also the company’s accounts receivable position are properly stated.
- Responsible for the day to day administration, maintenance and development of the Company’s Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes as they relate to asset management and asset accounting systems.
- Track and record movement of all assets including acquisition, depreciation, transfers, disposal/ impairment of assets in accordance with company policies and IFRS.
- Liaise and work closely with relevant departments to ensure all policies, procedures and processes relating to assets are in line with IFRS and the company’s overall direction on assets.
- Analyse General Ledger Accounts, to identify costs that should be capitalized and included in fixed assets
- Prepare capitalization entries and monitor reports to ensure that assets are correctly accounted for into the fixed assets records.
- Plan and co-ordinate physical verification of the Company’s Assets.
- Reconcile the fixed asset register or sub-ledger, or the subsidiary asset management system to the general ledger control account for each class of fixed assets, and resolving any reconciling items
- Maintain files for all supporting documentation for fixed assets and capital projects
- Provide information for fixed asset reporting, such as summarizing financial activity for inclusion in the property, plant and equipment section of the financial statements
- Coordinate the physical inventory process for fixed assets
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 8 years minimum in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Professional qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is a plus
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends and practices
- Excellence in analytical and logical reasoning
- Good Knowledge of Fixed Asset Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word& Power point)
- Proficiency in the use of an ERP
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures