The Position is based in Nigeria.
- In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
- This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular you will:
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels (FB, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.)
- Create content calendars and schedules based on the relevancy of trends, promotions, and social activity
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content across all channels daily
- Continually optimize company pages within each platform
- Develop paid social media campaigns and make sure they are executed properly and on-time across relevant social media channels
- Review competitive social media content and creative, continuously benchmarking other top social media brands and recommending optimizations
- Continually evaluate the Social Media and digital landscape for innovative/new platforms being launched to determine viability for Jumia Brands
- Support the acquisition or production of photographs and eventually videos
- Reviewing and moderating conversation with customers on social channels
- Maintain regular reporting cadence for social media, assessing KPIs and campaign performance
- Support Marketing team with all recaps, reports and programs Identify strategic opportunities to engage target audiences – where are relevant discussions taking place?
- Who are influencers in the ecommerce community that the brand can engage with
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business required.
- 8+ years in social media or agency communication experience required, work in both talent acquisition and brand communications desired
- Excellent writer with experience in multiple writing styles (business, Digital/Social, marketing, technical)
- Knowledge of social media communities, Google Analytics, Facebook Exchange and Account Manager, Spredfast (or equivalent social media listening/analysis program)
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Premiere Pro and Photoshop, but not essential
- Familiar with social scheduling software such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Knowledgeable about SEO practices.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Blogs, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, etc.), their respective users and how each platform can be most effectively utilized