Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals Limited (IEPL), located in the outskirts of Port Harcourt City, Rivers state, Nigeria, operates a state of the art Petrochemical Complex which produces a range of Poly Ethylene (PE) and Poly Propylene products. The PE and PP plants are licensed by Nova Chemicals, Canada and Lyondell Bassell of Italy, respectively, and the Olefins plant is licensed by M/s Kellogg Brown &Root of USA. The company has employee strength of around 1200 Nigerian and other Nationalities. The manufacturing plants are well supported by a captive power plant, technical and management support services.
The Company was established in the year 1990 under the name Eleme Petrochemicals Company Limited (EPCL) as wholly owned subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), for meeting the raising demands for plastic resins in Africa. When the National Council for Privatization, the Agency under the Federal Government of Nigeria, declared the privatization of EPCL, Indorama emerged as the core investor and acquired EPCL in the year 2006. The company name was changed to Indorama Eleme Petrochemicals Limited in June 2012.
In its six years of operation, IEPL has achieved many Achievements including:
- Total Polymer production crossed 3 million metric tons in the year 2017.
- Ever highest yearly production of 318,000 MT of Polymer products in 2012.
- Developed 41 new grades of Poly Ethylene and Poly Propylene to meet specific requirements of customers.
- Became the net exporter of petrochemical products by exporting to 20 countries in Americas, Europe, Asia and other parts of Africa and has contributed to Nigeria becoming the net exporter from being net importer in 2005.
- Sustained raw materials’ supply for about 350 plastics companies in Nigeria by 2012..
- Has achieved domestic market share of over 85 percent of Nigeria’s market for petrochemical products.
- Won the Presidential Award for Exports in 2010.
- Won the Award in recognition of the highest non-oil exports from Nigerian Export Promotion Council in 2011.
- Certified with all three ISO Standards of ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 in 2012 for the best Quality, Environment and Occupational Health and Safety systems by Bureau VERITAS in May 2012.
- Won the British Safety Council Five Star Award for the best Safety, Health and Environment Management Systems in July 2012.
- Won the British Safety Council’s highest recognition of “Sword of Honour” for the best Safety, Health and Environment Management Systems in October 2012.
- Won the British Safety Council International Safety Awards consecutively for the years from 2013 to 2017.
- Achieved the status of the Best example of successful Privatization and has become role model in the Sub Sahara region.
- In 2012, the Nigerian Environmental Society (NES) honoured IEPL with its Environmental Excellence Award at its 22nd Annual National Conference for its excellent environmental management system.
- Won the Local Raw Material Content Award from the Government of Nigeria in 2013.
- In January 2013, the Council of Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State honoured IEPL with its Award of Excellence for “Excellent Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programs in the LGA.
- Managing Director of IEPL, Mr Manish Mundra, was appointed into the 19-member Presidential Advisory Committee on the implementation of the Nigerian Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP) in May 2014.
- Federal Government of Nigeria names Indorama-Nigeria in the TOP TEN category of 100 Companies in Nigeria in Year 2014.
- In March 2016, IEPL achieved 1.5 Million Man-Hours Without Lost Time Injury, a rare achievement in the industrial sector.
For a life rewarding career CLICK HERE to apply either as Graduates&Students or Professionals
CLICK HERE to apply online
Students & Graduate
CLICK HERE to apply online
For more visit: https://www.indoramaeleme.com/career.php?id=52