Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with
governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly
migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Emergency Response) of IOM Nigeria and
the direct supervision of the Project Manager (MHPSS), the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in coordinating purchase requests, purchase order, payroll, requests for payments, and any other related
administrative tasks; verify tracking system is functional covering all sub offices in North East Nigeria.
2. Create and maintain a proper documentation system and filling of the project administrative and financial
3. Coordinate and organize field missions and trainings (logistic).
4. Consolidate and provide weekly inputs on activities by updating relevant databases and tracking systems.
5. Assist with data entry when necessary.
6. Coordinate and monitor the operational planning and implementation of key services delivered.
7. Assist in identifying and monitoring external expertise required for assessments, project reviews, strategic
planning, and evaluations.
8. Verify compliance with IOM and donor requirements including guidelines, rules, and regulations, such as the field
procurement manual and report any non-compliance.
9. Undertake duty travel when necessary in challenging areas.
10. Perform such other duties as may be required.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For
the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Degree / Certificate in social sciences, social work and community services, Development studies or in related
field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
• Minimum Five Years (Three Years for Degree Holders) in related field; preferably within the United Nations and
the International Humanitarian Field
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; Proactive; Independent Worker; A great team player; Fast
Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills;
• Fast Learner; IT Literate; Interpersonal Skills; Administrative & Time Management Skills; Good writing,
communication and negotiation skills Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to
work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional
Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in all languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
• Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
• Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
• Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
• Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Displays mastery of subject matter;
• Contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
• Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
• Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
• Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance
country office or regional objectives.
Emergency and Crisis
• Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
• Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
• Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other
emergency response actors;
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners;
• Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any
residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Interested Internal candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating
position applied on subject line by Friday 24
th August 2018
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page
specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for
Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2018/80 Maiduguri. Project Assistant (Protection) G5.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.