World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Zonal Data Assistant – NEZ
Ref Id: 1806289
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 6 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The objective of the post is to support the WHO data management activities at zonal level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the zone/states to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program
- Monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performance indicators for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases as well as other diseases of public health priority as highlighted in Nigeria’s Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program
Description of Duties
Under the overall guidance of the WHO country office representative and over all supervision of IVE focal point and guidance of the state coordinator the monitoring and evaluation officer will carry out the following specific task:
- Capture, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI.
- Update the all Zonal disease databases with results received from the laboratories and WCO
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to states on a bi-weekly frequency.
- Maintain records of all hard copies of documents received from states and those forwarded to WCO through the zone
- Document monthly activities –monthly reports transmitted by the 26th of the month shared with zone
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to ZDM/M&E
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Follow up with states in the zone to acquire complete and timely data.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
- Provide all round data management support to the ZDM
- Perform other activities as required by the Zonal Coordinator
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training
- At least 5 years’ experience in health related data management – Essential
- Experience in data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management – Essential
- Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (QGIS, ArcGIS, Healthmapper etc) – Desirable
- Essential: Fluent in written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of ICT, mobile and web – based data technology
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background
Application Closing Date
11:59:00 PM; 31st December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online