Ignitia is recruiting an Office Administrator to work from our office in Accra, Ghana.
We are growing quickly and are looking for an Office Administrator to help keep Ignitia running like clockwork, overseeing the operations and administration for our office in Ghana, as well as helping coordinate some of our growing activities across West Africa.
As the Office Administrator, your main responsibility will be handling the oversight of our office activities and resources in Accra. We are looking for a highly-capable individual who can organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures, including keeping Ignitia’s records, contracts and documents up-to-date, and managing the local administration and HR in the office. At heart you are a people-person and a details-person, ensuring we reach our goals on time and on budget.
This role will play an important part in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will be a natural communicator who is approachable, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Supervises the day to day functioning of the office and company properties – coordinating office activities, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees.
- Maintain operational documents and policies, updating with pertinent information, as needed.
- Maintain employee holiday, sick-day, and personal records for payroll purposes, assisting with visas, tickets, staff business cards, facilities, etc.
- Understand the organization’s policies, explain them to others and enforce them
- Ensure that employee and organizational files are kept in compliance with applicable legal requirements of the country and that mandatory forms are completed by new hires
- Actively aid in formulating methods to improve policies, processes and practices and recommends changes to management.
- Work closely with the COO to ensure staff are happy, high-producing rockstars and create an environment where the structure and resources are in place to help them succeed
Experience and Personal Skills:
- Strong background in Operations and Administration, preferably from high-growth organizations. Must have knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Result focused work approach, with strong time-management and multitasking skills, and a proven history of keeping goals on track
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills: the ability to manage setbacks and complications while maintaining a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, with the capacity to remain flexible and adapt to change
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite
Ignitia is a high-technology company and social enterprise that has recently developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We serve small-scale farmers in West Africa by sending a daily forecast provided in partnership with major telecommunication firms and agricultural B2B organisations.
We started in 2010 as a new research team in physics & meteorology, gathered from different renowned universities and research institutions such as NASA. We set out to tackle the difficult problem of accurately predicting weather in the tropics. It wasn’t easy.
After years of painstaking efforts in developing the algorithms and model, we finally had something we wanted to test in the field. Our first trial in 2013 offered 3,400 small-scale farmers in Ghana seasonal, monthly and daily weather forecasts. A mere eight farmers opted out of the service during the season and our accuracy rate was measured at 82%, as compared to the current standard of 39%.
We made it – a reliable tropical weather forecast was born!
Reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, with final deadline of Feb 15th.
Please apply on Workable using the following link: https://workable.com/j/55C8D89EB6