Administration Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
To develop, manage and co-ordinate the overall functioning of administrative support systems for the country office, service providers and country office led events. This includes office management, facilities management, development and maintenance of policies and procedures, travel, and staff management.
The Administration Manager contributes to ensuring that Save the Children’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to Save the Children Quality Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct, and endeavours to implement effective administration systems.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
* Reports to: Director Human Resources & Administration
* Staff directly reporting to this post: Administrative Officers/Assistants
* Budget Responsibility: TBC
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Management of Office facilities and travel for the Country operations
* Ensure the Country Office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery, equipment) etc, is fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable all staff to operate with maximum efficiency
* Oversee the maintenance of Country office premises/residences, furniture, fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
* Pro-actively identify potential problems affecting staff and the running of the office, proposing solutions and working to put them in place
* Manage the Support Services budget including preparation and monitoring; manage cash flow forecasting and supervise the petty cash for support services
* Manage and supervise the Administrative Assistants
* Liaise with the Programme Operations (field and Abuja) to ensure that shared office support functions run smoothly, and resources are used efficiently and effectively.
* Ensure compliance with Save the Children Quality Standards, Global Policies and Guidelines
* Manage and oversee all day to day office management issues to ensure smooth running SC office
* Develop and manage plans for office seating to ensure that all staff are suitably accommodated
* Ensure that meetings/workshop services provided to SC is efficient and effective
* Ensure effective reception management and that there is always appropriate cover and a professional service is provided at all times to staff and visitors
* Ensure the effective flow of information between the Abuja, and State Offices
* Oversee the equipment and inventory in accordance with SC Global Policies and Guidelines. This includes safety/security and maintenance of equipment;
* Responsible for ensuring the COs has adequate supply of stationery, consumables etc and ensure its effective use
* Liaise with other departments on tender processes for contractors for support services including travel, hotel, etc
* Develop, manage, and oversee effective relationships with service providers suppliers, landlords, etc, ensuring transparency and value for money
* Ensure premises are fit for purpose and suitably equipped and a tidy and professional appearance is maintained
* Develop and maintain general office equipment track; regularly evaluate equipment and plan/recommend up-grade for future needs and also the disposal of obsolete items, take initiatives to adapt economical solutions/services, best practices to save SCI resources.
* Manage, communicate, implement and maintain office Health and Safety procedures including annual risk assessments and in consultation with the Head of Safety and Security develop evacuation and accident procedures
* Ensure full Health and Safety induction of new staff
* Carry out a monthly maintenance and Health and Safety check, and arrange, as required for any work to be carried out
* Liaise with landlords on all SC rented properties
* Oversee the overall maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized
* Review and annually update all contracts and leases and ensure they are kept up to date and that all leases are compliant with the Nigeria government tax and other legal requirements
* Oversee the annual preparation of the renewal of licenses and permits as appropriate
* Support field office facilities management
Policy and Procedures Administration
* Develop, keep updated the Administration Policies and Procedures Manual; ensure communication of the policies across the program; monitor implementation and compliance
* Ensure compliance with Quality Standards in relation to Office management, travel and general administration (facilities, rents, NGO registration etc)
Travel, Logistics & Events
* Oversee the management for all travel, business visas, and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official Save the Children business. Ensure that travel is on schedule and cost effective and that visits to Country Programmes occur with a minimum of disruption and downtime.
* Ensure that meetings and conferences are effectively managed in the CO ensuring value for money and transparency in all the processes.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
* Ensure appropriate staffing within Administration department
* Supervise and manage Administration team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
* Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
* Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
* Manage the performance of all staff in the Administration Unit to ensure staff optimise their potential in pursuit of Save the Children’s objectives through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ workplans
* Management Delegated budget for support services in line with SC financial Management procedures.
* Prepare Budget and provide costing and inputs in to new proposals and Annual Country Plans.
* Phase budget on a monthly basis and prepare monthly Cash forecast.
Government & External Relations
* Ensure Save the Children is duly registered with relevant government agencies
* Support the Country Director in establishing & maintaining positive relations with relevant Federal Government Agencies, National Planning Commission (NPC) etc, and ensure regular contact is maintained
* Oversee that processes that ensures Save the Children is duly registered with government eg agreement with that the National Planning Commission (operating license, MoU); and that the necessary reports/documentation to government agencies are submitted in a timely manner
* Ensure that all SC insurance policies are in place and implemented by the relevant departments.
The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time as requested by line manager or Country Director or his/her designate.
Internal: Regular liaison with the country management team
External: Regular liaison with NPC and relevant government bodies, SC legal counsel, suppliers of goods and services, contract staff, local organisations and institutions required to ensure the smooth running of the office.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
* Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* Future orientated, thinks strategically
* Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
* Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Willing to take disciplined risks
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* University degree in Business Administration, or equivalent in relevant field
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior administration role in a corporate or an NGO environment
* Proven ability to provide high level support to management teams.
* Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that including complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
* Experience of managing and developing teams
* Experience of setting up and maintaining management information systems and office systems.
* Experience of effective budget development and management.
* Experience of negotiating service contracts and ensuring value for money.
* Excellent communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people.
* Excellent organisational skills and a track record of consistently prioritising delivering on time.
* A high level of computer literacy.
* Good judgement, initiative and problem solving ability
* Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
* Willing and able to travel around the States as needed.
* Experience in working in a diverse international team
* Experience working in Emergencies
How to Apply
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=by5vZ2lubmkuODM1MDMuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20