INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill Two positions below:
Agriculture Officers (Agronomist)
Damasak and Ngala
Livelihood Field Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Livelihood Officer- Agronomist would provide supervision for all the project Agricultural activities, promoting Community participatory approaches in all the Agricultural activities throughout the project cycle, which include identification of beneficiaries, awareness raising and sensitization, Livelihood project activities, Pre and Post Activities Monitoring as well as other monitoring and evaluation activities under direct supervision of Livelihood Field Coordinator, specifically on Natural Resource Management, Reforestation, Nursery management, Crop Production, Seasonal Farming, Vegetable gardening, homestead farming, Home gardening, Small scale Agricultural Marketing Strategy, Post-Harvest Management, irrigation management, water harvesting etc
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Lead the field team in Planning, Managing, Monitoring and Reporting all INTERSOS’s field Livelihood-related activities in the area of Natural Resource Management, Reforestation, Nursery management, Crop Production, Seasonal Farming, Vegetable gardening, homestead farming, Home gardening, Small scale Agricultural Marketing Strategy, Post-Harvest Management, irrigation management, water harvesting, capacity building etc, in line with proposals including strategies and donor requirements;
- Provide primary field level information / Assessment/targeting / Analysis to elaborate project concept notes and proposals for submission to Livelihood Field Coordinator;
- Participate in the development of relevant Livelihood projects, including beneficiary targeting, activity monitoring, assessment/verification process;
- Manage the program implementation, including issues on nutrition, protection and gender mainstreaming project cost and indicators, input, output & outcome at the field level in relation to the agricultural activities;
• BSc Degree in Agricultural Science/ Agronomy / Environment / Forestry
• Further qualification in tropical agriculture or related subject is
• Minimum 5 years of experience at national level project
implementation position in a humanitarian / developmental context;
• Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
• Technical Livelihood expertise (Natural Resources Management, Crop
Production, Water & Irrigation Management, Construction, Post-
Harvest Management, SAMS and WFP Food for Assets program);
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
• Experience in leadership and problem solving;
• Fluency in English and local language, both written and oral;
• Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
• Ability to put up with job pressure;
• Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
• Strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 20th January 2020 at 4:00 PM
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.