If you are a professional with over three years’ experience discover how you can make an impact with Shell. Explore career opportunities below.
Skillpool group: Production Engineering Upstream
Reference ID: 131494BR
Bring us your production chemist expertise. We’ll explore a world of opportunities where our global scale and business diversity give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, enabling you to continuously grow your career.
Where you fit in
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you’re here. You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You’ll have limitless opportunities to explore – whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking your career in a different direction.
What’s the role?We’ll entrust you with supervising the production chemistry lab operations, in support of Production operations, Wells Reservoir and Facility Management, Health Safety Environment, hydrocarbon reconciliation, remediation and oil spill response etc.
You’ll be expected to:
- Manage production chemistry labs to deliver quality data within agreed turn-around-time
- Review interpretations, recommendations and approve lab results
- Sustain utilization of SampleManager Laboratory Information Management System
- Maintain applicable certifications for all labs
- Ensure analysis are performed according to relevant reference standards
- Conduct internal quality audits, quality control checks and implement corrective actions
- Sustain 90% lab equipment availability through routine maintenance and calibration
- Perform chemical management system audits and drive continuous improvement
- Manage HSSE in lab operations
- Co-ordinate the standardization of reagents and applicable consumables
- Update test procedures and work instructions in line with approved document change control procedure
Naturally, you’re the kind of person who manages the production chemistry labs to deliver quality data, maintaining the applicable certifications for all labs and sustaining equipment availability through routine maintenance. You will also be conducting internal quality audits, control checks and implement corrective actions.