Technical Specialist Abuja
To work with the Senior Project Manager (SPM) and team in providing technical support and direct implementation of SMC activities, covering microplanning, training, logistic system, social behavioural change communication, SPAQ distribution, quality assurance (QA) and supportive supervision at the state, LGA, health facility and community levels as per the agreed performance framework targets.
Scope of work
The Technical Specialist (TS) will provide additional technical support working closely with the Country Technical Coordinator (CTC), to the technical team at the country office level with specific attention to follow-up on ToRs, concept notes, engagement of technical assistance (TA), TA and programme reports, tracking/follow up on technical quality of state level activities through interphase with the Zonal Project Managers. Furthermore, the TS would follow up on additional/emerging issues in the programme; e.g. technical activities at the national level especially the integration of SMC with other community-based public health interventions and oversee SPAQ distribution processes and procedures to ensure quality assurance (QA) at the programme level. S/he would also be involved in representation of the project during meeting with stakeholders.
Key working relationships
The Technical Specialist working under the line-management of the Senior Project Manager, dotted line management of the CTC and in close collaboration with the colleagues in the country office, dotted line relationship to the Zonal Project Managers, other partners and stakeholders would deliver aspects of the programme as per the specified job tasks and expected deliverables.
Technical contributions (80%)
· Support states to ensure that rollout of project service delivery activities meet international standard of quality;
· Initiate/follow-up on approval of ToRs for all activities to be carried out at the national, state, LGA, health facility and community level;
· Work with the Human Resource Management towards the engagement of appropriate TA as per approved ToRs and oversee the implementation of such activities;
· Work in liaison with country office team to closely monitor delivery of ToRs; obtain reports in a timely manner and ensure the proper sign-off of all submitted reports;
· Provide technical support, including building their capabilities, to the state teams in the planning and implementation of all project activities, including microplanning, commodity management, community mobilization, training, monitoring and supervision.
· Follow up on additional/emerging issues in the project e.g. integration with other community-level public health interventions.
· Ensure quality standards are developed and implemented at all levels for the distribution of SMC drugs
· Ensure the project’s adherence to technical quality assurance processes for MC in programme planning and implementation.
· Document innovation and best practices that are related to the project.
· Represent MC on malaria Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and other relevant health coordinating committees at national level as designated.
Project Management (20%)
· Support collation, review and submission of routine project service delivery activity reports to Senior Project Manager.
· Support Senior Project Manager to follow up Country Office review feedbacks on reports and other project documents.
· Contribute to preparation of the quarterly Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR) to the donor as may be requested.
· Contribute to quarterly lessons identification and learning .documentation and dissemination
· Contribute to project exit strategy and ensure inclusion of relevant activities to promote sustainability within the workplan and smooth transition of the programme to government;
Qualifications and experience:
· Master’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Policy, Epidemiology or another relevant specialty with at least ten years work experience, is a minimum requirement;
· Previous experience working at national level with oversight for at least 3 states
· Demonstrable experience working with national programmes and engaging with stakeholders at that level.
· Significant experience of working in developing countries and experience with GF, DFID or USAD funded programmes would be an added advantage;
Work-based skills and competencies:
· Knowledge of global and country specific malaria policy and guidelines;
· Knowledge of medical supplies procurement and supply chain management;
· Technical knowledge and skills in control of malaria and other childhood illnesses;
· Demonstrable report writing and presentation skills.
· Excellent project management and M&E skills; and familiarity with accountability and learning
· Excellent written and spoken English
How to Apply
If intrested and qualified, kindly click on the link below:https://recruitment.malariaconsortium.org/VacancyDetails.aspx?FromSearch=True&MenuID=6Dqy3cKIDOg=&VacancyID=2110