Training Proposal Correspondents, Ukraine
Job Title: Trainer / mentor for correspondents
Salary: Please include a financial proposal including daily rate, expected number of days
Number of trainees: up to 15
Training duration: maximum of 5 days per training proposed, excluding preparation and reporting
Dates: March / April / May 2020 (TBC)
Closing date: 03 March 2020
Deadline to send questions: 28 February 2020
Location: Ukraine, Kyiv
Interested candidates should send their CV, one page cover letter specifying which of the outputs stated in project aims you can deliver training on, and how you meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements (PDF or Microsoft Word format) in English by email to: [email protected] – please include‘Training Proposal Correspondents – Ukraine’ in the subject line and send by Tuesday 3rd February 2020.
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action, the BBC’s international development organisation, uses the power of media and communication to inform, connect and empower people around the world, helping them to shape their own lives. BBC Media Action is independent from the BBC, but shares the BBC’s fundamental values and has partnerships with the BBC World Service and national broadcasters that reach millions of people in developing countries.
BBC Media Action is seeking trainers to support its project implementation in Ukraine.BBC Media Action is currently implementing a project that supports broadcasters in Ukraine to improve their newsroom outputs and create a permanent base for quality and objective news content across all platforms and segments (television, radio, and social media).
The project aims to provide newsroom staff with a set of skills to improve their news outputs. A planned series of trainings for the team of correspondents would cover the following:
- Financial news coverage (on-the-job training). Objective: Support the team of correspondents in improving their financial news coverage including, gathering accurate financial news that is relevant to people’s lives, and producing clear and comprehensible financial news pieces for Ukrainian citizens in an engaging way.
- News writing – feature stories for TV news (on-the-job training). Objective: The team of correspondents will learn how to write compelling features for television news.
- Interviewing skills (on-the-job training). Objective: the team of correspondents will learn best practices for news interviewing, including interviewing techniques, preparing interviews, formulating questions, conducting interviews, and reporting them.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirements:
- Experience in delivering classroom-based training AND on-the-job training and mentorship.
- Experience working in Ukraine or Eastern Europe.
- Understanding of the local context and current affairs in the region.
- Solid experience in producing content for news.
- Strong understanding of BBC’s editorial guidelines.
- Possess one or more of the following skills: covering financial news; writing and producing features for television news and conducting interviews.
Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.
If you have any questions, please send via email by 28 February 2020 with the subject line “Enquiry on Training Proposal Correspondents– Ukraine”
Julie Boutros, Project Manager MEE, BBC Media Action
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 03 March 2020