Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor service providers (consultants, specialist, HR project staff etc) working on special HR Projects to make sure that all set activities are going on according to work plan.
- Provide advice (when targets are not met) on how get the activities done within the frame of work plan.
- Take an active part in brainstorming sessions to get better ways of project implementation with service providers (consultants, specialists, HR project staff, etc) and HR team
- Frequently review annual work plan as well as provincial activities action plan on monthly bases and reports to HR leadership and Funding Partners.
- Prepares Terms of Reference as per the need of the Directorate and shares it with leadership and Pool Fund administrators for final draft.
- Maintain regular communications with service providers (consultants, specialists, HR project staff, etc) to get project status report, interventions that take place during implementation of projects whether (social or technical) and share with the HR leadership and Funding Partners.
- Communicate special tasks to service providers (consultants, specialists, HR project staff, etc) and will be accountable to follow it up with the relevant team or staff.
- Keep the track of projects management budget and update the project budget tracking sheet as the projects' instalments are processed.
- Coordinate missions to ECOWAS Institutions/Agencies for Project staff as the need arises.
- Prepare operational cost for all related trainings related to project implementation or change management activities while liaising with Training Officer.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or related field
- Relevant Master's degree will substitute for two years of professional experience
- Three (3) years progressive work experience in Human Resources or relevant consultancy roles.
- Previous experience in delivering HR solutions across a broad range of disciplines including strategy, policy and people management issues, recruitment and selection, retention, performance management, employee engagement, change management, communication, organizational design, team effectiveness strategies, talent and people planning.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate, verbally and in writing, including use of persuasive presentation
- Diversity Awareness: Understanding and ability to work effectively with individuals having diverse styles, abilities, motivations and background (including gender and cultural differences)
- Ethics and Integrity: Demonstrated practice of integrity and ethical behaviour in all circumstances
- HR Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources laws and policies which applies to the organisation; understanding of Human Resource processes and how to change to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Innovation: Ability to be innovative, creating and sustaining a positive environment that supports calculated risk-taking
- Negotiation: Demonstrated ability to use negotiating skill sets, including consensus-building, coalition-building, and dispute resolution.
- Organisational Knowledge: Ability to promptly understand organisation's mission, vision and values and how this ties to meeting the organisation's goals; demonstrated understanding of the public sector environment.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and sustain trust-based relationships, both individually and collectively over time.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrated ability to analyse all presenting issues, recognising the needs of all stakeholders in terms of collaborative solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to link specific human resource initiative to the greater organisation mission and deliverables
- Team Leadership: Demonstrated understanding of team behaviour and ability to lead teams towards high performances
Candidate must not be fifty (50) years old or more at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Proficiency (speaking, writing) in one of the three official ECOWAS languages- English, French, Portuguese. Proficiency in more than one is an added advantage
- Department: Administration and Finance
- Directorate: Human Resources
- Grade: P2
- Salary Scale: USD 54,939.03 - USD 64,939.35
- Supervisor: Principal Officer Performance and Development
- Reference: ECW-COMM/REC/HR/003/2010
- Duration: Two Years
- Closing date: 11-11-2010