The Human Resources Directorate has focused on transforming the organisation to meet standards of best case practice within the sector. Recruitment is on top on the priority of the Human Resources Directorate as the ECOWAS Commission's staffing needs has increased considerably following it's transformation from Secretariat to a Commission. To meet these pressing staffing needs while ensuring the Recruitment process is efficient and measures up to global standards and leverages on available technological-solutions to achieve organisational goals; the Human Resource Directorate seeks to engage a Recruitment Assistant in delivering required services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Data Retrieval - Retrieve applicant details from recruitment database and come-up with relevant analysis (gender, nationality, expertise etc).
- Produce ad-hoc recruitment spreadsheets to monitor applicant status and analyse advertising sources
- Deal with all applicant related administration i.e. acknowledgement letters, interview confirmation letters, rejection letters, references.
- Proof read and load job specifications on to HR's recruitment website and external recruitment websites (where applicable).
- Conduct database searches for suitable candidates.
- Co-ordinate and control the reference procedure ensuring written references are received for all offers of employment given.
- Record all recruitment spend by updating costs spreadsheet
- Upload recruitment documents onto Intranet
- Arrange interviews in accordance with panel member's availability.
- Where HR is participating in interviews, organise interview space and set up the room for interviews.
- Prepare and send out successful and unsuccessful letters to candidates after interview process.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or related field
- Up to two years work experience in administrative duties preferably in a Human Resources function
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate, verbally and in writing, including use of persuasive presentation
- Diversity Awareness: Understanding and ability to work effectively with individuals having diverse styles, abilities, motivations and background (including gender and cultural differences)
- Ethics and Integrity: Demonstrated practice of integrity and ethical behaviour in all circumstances
- HR Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources laws and policies which applies to the organisation
- Innovation: Ability to be innovative, creating and sustaining a positive environment that supports calculated risk-taking
- Organisational Knowledge: Ability to promptly understand organisation's mission, vision and values and how this ties to meeting the organisation's goals
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and sustain trust-based relationships, both individually and collectively over time.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to link specific human resource initiative to the greater organisation mission and deliverables
- Team Behaviour: Demonstrated understanding of team behaviour and ability to work in teams and ensure high performance
Candidate must not be fifty (50) years old or more at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Proficiency (speaking, writing) in one of the three official ECOWAS languages- English, French, Portuguese. Proficiency in more than one is an added advantage.