eRecruiter Nigeria – Our client is a luxury 5-star hotel located in Kano, with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in Nigeria. They currently have an opening for an Executive Chef to be based in Kano State Nigeria.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production, menu development, food purchase specifications and standardized recipes. he/she is also responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards through out the food production process in the hotel
- The Executive chef schedules and coordinates the work of the chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted cost.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that the hotel quality standards are consistently attained.
- Projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure that the financial targets are met.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality.
- Implements measures to minimize food costs, exercise s portion control for all items served and works with the food & beverage manager in establishing menu selling prices.
- Interacts with the food & beverage department to ensure that food production consistently meets or exceeds the expectation of guests.
- Research and implement new culinary trends.
- Delegate daily tasks to sous chef and other kitchen staff; manage their progress throughout the day.
- Must be great with variety of dishes ( e.g Oriental Cuisine)
- Proven 3-4 years Executive Chef Experience in a 4-5 Star Hotel.
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- MUST be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Must be willing to relocate to Kano State in Nigeria.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Communication,dexterity, creativity and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Culinary Arts degree and/or other culinary certification
- Vast knowledge in culinary arts, including any new up and coming food trends.
- Expert skills and experience planning, designing, and preparing meals
How to Apply:
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com