IT Development Coordinator
Deadline: 28 March 2020 – Job Code: 3.3.01
The Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other Research Division Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. It also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references. The Department has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general as well as rendering IT development services.
Objective of Position
To supervise the IT development group and its staff, delegate and coordinate tasks and to ensure effective teamwork. To ensure reliability and availability of the OPEC Database, the OPEC Intranet and related applications.
- Plans, develops, organizes, coordinate, and supervises the activities of the IT Development Group
- Carries out system analysis and feasibility studies for new applications
- Determines system specification and provides outlines for system design
- Develops standard procedures for implementation of new systems and provides guidelines for system development and standard system development procedures
- Develops new applications and provides reviews on related technology
- Provides reviews and analysis on various subjects and carries out other assignments as required
- Provides user support
- Administers and provides software packages, licenses, and subscriptions of data publications
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other subject related to Information Technology
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 10 years
- Advanced degree: 8 years
- System Analysis and Design: Relational Database, System Thinking, Feasibility Studies,
- Information Architecture
- Document and Records Management Systems
- Web Content Management (CMS) Systems
- Web Technologies
- Oracle RDBMS
- Energy/Oil Statistics
- Energy Information System
- Familiarity with a variety of software packages
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade D reporting to the Head, Data Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in an application form which can be downloaded from the OPEC website.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 28 March 2020.