Statistical Data Preparation and Analysis
Deadline: 29 February 2020 – Code: DSD/STA/20/2
Situated in the heart of Vienna, Austria, the Secretariat of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is offering an exciting, paid internship opportunity in its Data Services Department.
Within the Research Division, the Data Services Department acts as a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to energy markets, the oil market in particular, and renders IT development services.
Scope of the Internship
- To provide support to the Statistics Team.
- To undertake basic statistical data calculation and analysis and to clearly present findings to other team members.
- To work with related statistical software (particularly R) and database queries.
The Successful candidate should demonstrate a high level of commitment, professionalism and resilience in a highly dynamic environment. Furthermore, the candidate should have a genuine interest in data and statistics, data science and the oil market.
3 months, starting as soon as possible.
Education and preferred qualifications
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or any other related fields.
- Application software: Statistical Package (R), Oracle Database and MS Office.
- Effective English communication skills and social behavior.
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and academic credentials by email to [email protected] by 29 February 2020.