Ecowas Commission established on May 28 1975 via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS is a 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries.
Member countries making up ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo
We are are currently recruiting for the position below:
|JOB TITLE||Director Program Performance Audit|
|ANNUAL SALARY||38814 UA – 48222 UA|
|DIRECTORATE||Programme Performance Audit|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Auditor General|
|ROLE OVERVIEWResponsible for the overall functioning of the Programme Evaluation and Impact Directorate of the Office of the Auditor General and its operations, development and the coordination of its Audit activities. The scope of work will be the evaluation (performance and impact) of all ECOWAS projects and programmes as well as donor funded projects and programmes, as well as ensuring their operational compliance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist the Auditor General in providing strategic leadership for audit activities and support the Auditor General in the fulfilment of the oversight responsibilities of the office. This will be done through preparation of the strategic and annual audit plans of all projects and programmes as well as their risk assessments
· Influence the strengthening of the control environment surrounding Projects and Programmes, through Governance, Risk and Compliance and other Risk Management tools
· Prepare an Internal Audit Strategy based on matters decided upon through a comprehensive Risk Assessment. As appropriate, update the Risk Assessment and audit plan during the year in response to Business or Industry developments.
· Prepare, document audit process, present objective reports that reflect audit results, make reasonable and objective recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed and monitor management’s response and implementation.
· Assist in the coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Audit Manual
· Oversee timely and accurate reporting on deficiencies, control gaps and the status and remediation of audit findings.
· Review reports that reflect Audit results and document process.
· Support the strengthening of the control environment, through Governance, Risk Management and Compliance and other Risk Management tools.
· Ensure the coordination of work of the Principal Internal Auditors with their teams.
· Supervise subordinate Auditors in the performance of Audit engagements in line with the acceptable International Standards.
· Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
· Assist the Auditor General to advise Top Management and the Audit Committee/ Council of Ministers on Audit, and Internal Control matters.
· Oversee the development of an infrastructure of Audit methodology process, tools, and communication of Audit Results and Business Advisory consultations that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Social Science or related field is required.
· Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent from a university of recognized standing;
3.2 Work experience
· At least Twelve (12) years working experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Administration, Finance, Accounting and Strategic Planning.
· Knowledge of Business and Management principles involved in, Resource Allocation, Human Resource Management, Leadership Technique, Production Methods, and Coordination of people and resources.
· Knowledge of all aspects of Programme Evaluation and Impact Auditing, Management and the Technical field of oversight.
· Professional knowledge and competence to conduct and supervise complex audits, review work of others and to produce internal audit reports.
· In-depth experience with Risk Analysis and Control Assessment Technique and Internal Controls.
· Sufficient knowledge of SAP or similar ERP Systems
1. ECOWAS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Citizenship and age
· Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
· The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
· Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of a second language.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25 February, 2019