Ecowas Commission established on May 28 1975 via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS is a 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries.
Member countries making up ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo
We are are currently recruiting for the position below:
|JOB TITLE||Principal Internal Auditor – Project Inspection and Evaluation|
|ANNUAL SALARY||33607 UA – 37996 UA|
|DIRECTORATE||Programme Performance Audit|
|DIVISION||Project Inspection and Evaluation|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Director, Programme Performance Audit|
|ROLE OVERVIEWReporting to the Director of Audit, Program Performance, he/she is responsible for Implementing comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs general Programme reviews, for simple to complex Programmes.
· Performs information control reviews to include programme objectives, outcomes and performance indicators.
· Directs and/or performs reviews of Internal Control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
· Prepares concept Notes and terms of reference (ToR) for all Evaluation/ Inspection to be outsourced.
· Manages all Evaluation and Inspections outsourced and ensures that they are completed on time and relevant reports issued.
· Preparation of evaluation and Inspection planning memoranda, determination of the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
· Lead and manage subordinates in the performance of Evaluation and Inspection assignments and ensure compliance with the audit time schedule.
· Prepares Evaluation and Inspection finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
· Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
· Consults with and advises management on various operational issues related to programme management and on general business operations as needed.
· Follows up on findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
· Coordinates and interacts with external auditors, administrators, faculty, staff and law enforcement officials as appropriate; may be required to testify in court.
· Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of Audit management tools, and in developing methods for review and analysis of projects Implemented.
· Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant Project Inspection and Evaluation state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
· Contribute to the continuous update of audit methodology process, tools that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning audit department.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree (or equivalent) in project management, business administration, finance, accounting, Project Management or related field is required.
· Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and, Certified Programme/ Project Management Specialist equivalent from a university of recognized standing.
3.2 Work experience
· A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, project Management, or related area is required. Experience in supervisory functions is desirable. Experience in public sector auditing;
· Knowledge and experience in Management and Project Inspection and Evaluation.
· Very good knowledge of audit theory and practice, including principles and practical implementation of enterprise risk management, corporate governance issues and internal control practices.
ECOWAS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Citizenship and age
· Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
· The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
· Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of a second language.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25 February, 2019