ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill a consultancy position within the organisation:
Finance Consultant – Abuja (6 months contract) The Finance Consultant will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers. S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- First Degree in Accounting/Economic with minimum of 3 years’ experience in the INGO/NGO sector
- A professional qualified Chartered Accountant or undergoing professional qualification
- Experience managing donor (DfID, EU, Foundation etc) funded related projects
- Knowledge of Accounting/ Finance cycles and taxation
- Knowledge of statutory and Internal Audit processes is desirable
- Must be computer literate with proven knowledge in Word and Excel
- Proficiency in reputable/dependable high tech Accounting software is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have high respect for professional and personal integrity and ethics, confidence and mentally sound
- To apply for the Finance Consultant position, kindly submit your Curriculum Vitae only in MSWord attachment to [email protected].
Please refer to the website – www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs for detailed job description/or terms of reference of respective positions.
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. Finance Consultant – Abuja.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 19th December 2018. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.