Ecowas Commission established on May 28 1975 via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS is a 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries.
Member countries making up ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo
We are are currently recruiting for the position below:
|JOB TITLE||Principal Internal Auditor (Abuja + Agencies + Commission, Parliament, CCJ,ERERA,WRCC,EYSDC,ECREEE)|
|ANNUAL SALARY||33607 UA – 37996 UA|
|DIVISION||Audit Commission + Agencies|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Director, Internal Audit|
|ROLE OVERVIEWImplementing comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide technical leadership for the assigned audit activities and support the Director – Internal Audit in the fulfilment of the Directorate’s responsibilities.
· Execute an internal audit strategy based on the formulated risk assessment.
· Provide timely and accurate reporting on deficiencies, control gaps, recommendations, the status and remediation of audit findings.
· Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
· Influence the strengthening of the control environment, through Governance, Risk and Compliance and other risk management tools. This will be done through timely audit recommendations and validation of management’s agreement to actions.
· Ensure the coordination with other leaders and managers in the Office of The Auditor General as well as the Auditor General.
· Develop and maintain an infrastructure of audit methodology process, tools, and communication of audit results and business advisory consultations that are efficient and effective to support a high functioning audit department.
· Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and documentation process.
· Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems as well as succession plans.
· Develop the skills and abilities of all team members, with the result that they perform to their highest potential and optimize their current and future job performance.
· Develop the depth of the team, including ongoing management succession planning.
· Appraise all Auditors at least once a year and advise on training and development needs.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· master’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field is required, and Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), and Certified International Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent from a university of recognized standing;
· a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, or related area is required. Experience in supervisory functions is desirable. Experience in public sector auditing;
· knowledge and experience of auditing in ERP environment (SAP for instance) and using specialized IT audit applications, such as IDEA, ACL, and TeamMate
· expert knowledge of audit theory and practice, including principles and practical implementation of enterprise risk management, corporate governance issues and internal control practices.
3.2 Work experience
· A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, or related area is required. Experience in supervisory functions is desirable. Experience in public sector auditing will be an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience of auditing in ERP environment (SAP) and using specialized IT audit applications.
· Expert knowledge of audit theory and practice, including principles and practical implementation of enterprise risk management, corporate governance issues and internal control practices.
ECOWAS SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
5.1 Citizenship and age
· Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
· The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
· Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of the second language.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Deadline: 25 February, 2019