Manager Programme Quality Nigeria
Job location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Starting date: 1 July 2019
Vacancy closing date: 15 May 2019
Duration position: 2 years, with possibility of extension
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. From there ZOA operates in seventeen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager Programme Quality Nigeria
Your challenge is to guarantee high quality programmes by advising the line management. Also, you provide major input in programme formulation, monitoring and evaluation, and submit project proposals to potential donors.
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
ZOA Nigeria is providing relief to people affected by the conflict in North East Nigeria since early 2017. Currently ZOA implements Food Security (in particular cash-based transfers), Livelihoods and WASH projects in Borno State. ZOA is active in a peri-urban setting around Maiduguri and has a field office in northern Borno, in Monguno town.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advising and supporting Programme Managers (PGM) on the development of programme plans and project proposals;
- Ensuring gender and conflict sensitive project design and implementation;
- Developing knowledge management at country level and contributing to organisation-wide knowledge management.
Planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Contributions to the Country Strategic Annual Plan (CSAP), with a specific responsibility for the quality and consistency of programme planning;
- Develop a comprehensive and suitable MEAL system on project and programme level, and capacitate the country team and implementing partners how to use it;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of programme and project implementation (prior experience is crucial).
Donor relations, proposal development and writing
- Actively contribute to (cluster/ sectoral) coordination mechanisms and participation in internal/external assessment missions;
- Develop and write donor proposals in line with the agreed upon programme plans and country annual plan and provide adequate support to line managers in the design (prior experience is crucial).
Capacity Building national implementing partners
- Support Programme Managers in identifying suitable national implementing partners;
- Conduct partner assessments;
- Establish a capacity building plan for national partners regarding project cycle management, vision and strategy, CHS, gender mainstreaming, organisational capacity building including finances HR.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least three years’ field experience in a development country, preferably in cash-based programming;
- Good spoken and written command of English;
- Research skills;
- Successful track record in program and proposal development with different donors.
- Logical thinker;
- Conceptual flexibility;
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Result-oriented approach.
- Duty station will be Maiduguri, Nigeria;
- Rest and recuperation (R&R) conditions apply for this post;
- This is not a family or accompanied post.
Salary and compensation
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is between € 2300 – 2900 Euro net per month (depending on your work experience and education). All taxes on the mentioned salary are for the cost of ZOA. Benefits include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave flight tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
How to Apply
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the following link: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/manager-programme-quality-nigeria/ . CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.