The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Following reorganization of tasks within the team, the Finance department of Abuja is looking for a new accountant to support our activities. This position will be based in Abuja and will directly report to the Head of Finance department. The Accountant will be mainly in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing accounting records and financial reports of Abuja delegation.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting documents and transactions in accordance with ICRC Financial rules
- Prepares and enters accounting entries in ICRC accounting software
- Helps ensure that operations run smoothly though efficient cash-flow management, covering the funds needs of the delegation
- Keeps files up to date at all time and guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits
- Perform integrity checks of accounting entries made on regular basis
- Participates in monthly closing activities
- Replaces the Cashier when out of office
- Identifies anomalies, financial risks and potential fraud cases in line with ICRC Financial procedures and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with specialization in accounting and/or finance.
- Computer proficiency
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience as accountant
- Experience of international organizations / companies is a plus
- Ability to work independently and meticulously
- Strict sense of confidentiality
- Rigor, methodical and good analytical skills
- Training / Communication skills
How to apply
- Send Curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “Accountant 1 ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be Monday 06.08.2019, 16:30 h. late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.