Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration, Indonesia
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Special Requirements: Right to work in Indonesia
Reports to: Country Director, Indonesia
Contract: Fixed term until November 2021, with the possibility of extension
Salary: Competitive salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
Closing date: 12th May 2019
To apply, send a cover letter in English demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the post along with your CV to [email protected] by 12th May 2019 with the subject “Head of Finance and Administration Indonesia”
BBC Media Action in Indonesia
BBC Media Action, the BBC’s international development charity, uses the power of media and communication to support people to shape their own lives. Working with broadcasters, governments, other organisations and donors, BBC Media Action provides information and stimulates positive change in the areas of governance, health, and resilience and humanitarian response. This broad reach helps to inform, connect and empower people around the world.
BBC Media Action has recently set up a country office in Indonesia to support a new project aiming to increase public understanding about forests, green growth and sustainability issues through a TV drama and discussion programme.
Overall Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of Finance and Administration will be the focal point for accounting processes, financial controls, donor compliance for restricted funding, and legal and statutory compliance for BBC Media Action’s work in Indonesia. You will be a senior member of the Indonesian country team and will oversee the operations and logistics department, responsible for procurement, IT, transport and travel.
The Head of Finance and Administration will manage the finance and operations teams and will also support the Country Director in the management of the HR function. The role will also include the training and development of staff and partners on financial management and processes. The Head of Finance and Administration will ensure that all BBC Media Action financial transactions are compliant with the principle of value for money.
Main duties & responsibilities
Financial Management & Control
- Maintaining the financial integrity of the BBC Media Action Indonesia operations (based in Jakarta), and ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, banking and assets;
- Being the primary source of expertise for BBC Media Action Indonesia staff on financial best practice, as well as control and compliance issues.
- Safeguarding the assets of BBC Media Action Indonesia operations, including oversight of the fixed asset register;
- Manage compliance to both BBC procurement policy and donor’s requirements for procurement. Support the fair selection of quality vendors and service providers, and fairness and transparency in the awarding of all contracts;
- Oversee the management of all BBC Media Action cash and bank accounts ensuring that reconciliations are carried out monthly and that all necessary financial controls are in place;
- Ensure that there is consistency in the use of Dimensions (financial system) account codes across the office and all monthly returns and maintain the integrity of the financial information in organisational accounting software for the office, ensuring entries are correct & up-to-date;
- Ensure that the office submits its monthly cash-flow request to HQ on time and with all necessary supporting documentation;
- Ensure the office submits its monthly financial return to senior management in country and project finance in head office on time and with all necessary supporting documentation;
- Ensure that all activities in each project are correctly forecasted for in the corporate forecasting processes;
- Ensure that records of all legal documentation are securely filed and maintained with electronic copies saved in a central location.
Financial Management of Projects
- To ensure that all activities in each project are correctly budgeted and forecasted;
- Communicate the financial status of projects to relevant staff in country using timely and accurate financial reports;
- Compiling up to date Finance and Procurement handbooks;
- Ensuring full compliance with in-country laws and regulations including local tax laws and advising appropriate on financial and legislative changes that may affect BBC Media Action’s operations;
- To ensure that a record is kept of all legal contracts, MoUs and agreements in the office and that these are kept up to date and complied with;
- To ensure that the budgeting of all project proposals for new funding are accurately prepared, reviewed and supported;
- To ensure that all project financial reports are prepared, reviewed, supported and submitted in a timely manner;
- To ensure that project audits are arranged and carried out in line with the donor contract and notifying head office in advance of any audit samples requiring supporting documentation;
- To ensure that all funded projects are correctly closed down including disposal of assets, closure of bank accounts and finalisation of reports in line with donor requirements;
- To ensure shared costs are regularly reviewed and any gaps in funding are addressed.
- To ensure any unfunded costs (if any) are pre-approved by Head office.
Financial Risk Assessment
- To keep up to date the financial risk assessments of all projects in Indonesia, ensuring that key financial risks are identified, clear recommendations are given on how to deal with areas of weaknesses, and that the recommendations are implemented in collaboration with the country team;
- To support any internal and or external audit as required by corporate processes;
- To ensure all the legal compliance are met which includes reporting to the Company Registrar Office and receiving the annual tax clearance.
- Being the main point of contact on financial and administrative matters with in-country donor organisations and building good working relationships with donor finance officers;
- Ensuring compliance with all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of donors;
- Providing up-to-date and accurate financial information to senior management, CD, budget holders (Project and Production Managers).
- To design, develop, schedule and deliver financial training to BBC Media Action staff based in each department;
- To design, develop, schedule and deliver financial training to partner national society staff as required;
- To carry out the financial induction for new starters in each office.
- To oversee the management of the procurement function including accommodation bookings, travel and equipment, both within Indonesia and internationally;
- To establish and oversee a compliant payroll system;
- To oversee the office transport requirements including the management of vehicles and booking regional flights;
- To oversee the office IT requirements and relevant compliance;
- To support the Country Director with the office HR function when required.
- Along with other members of the country office staff, ensure sufficient resourcing is available in the absence of Country Director.
Leadership, Training & Capacity Building
- Provide line management for Finance officer and Administration office
- Training and developing finance and project staff on policies, procedures and other finance issues as appropriate.
- Other financial and operational tasks as directed by the Country Director.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirements:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience