Rio Tinto Graduates Trainee
Graduate Opportunities 2020 – South Africa
- Start your career and be part of our prestigiousGraduate Excellence Path programme
- Varied, stimulating and fascinating work
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Positions based atRichards Bay Minerals
Graduate careers rarely impact everyday life. But at Rio Tinto, your innovation will deliver the building blocks humankind relies on. Like the aluminium in our cars. The iron in our buildings. And the salt that seasons our meals. This is complex work that calls for natural leadership and the ability to quickly develop new skills. Work that thrives from creative thinking and demands astute environmental stewardship. Work that ultimately shapes society and drives human progress.
At Rio Tinto, you’ll have the flexibility, choice and freedom to be yourself and direct your career. Our Graduate Excellence Path gives you the perfect start: an opportunity to immediately get to grips with real work, develop your technical expertise and start a legacy that improves life for millions globally.
In fact, as well as experience in your chosen field, you can expect:
- A comprehensive training programme that gives you the tools to excel and progress
- A diverse and highly inclusive team culture that encourages collaboration across geographies, commodities, disciplines and markets
- Access to industry-leading professionals who’ll nurture your talent and help to fast track your career path
- Exposure to innovative projects and technology that propel mining into the digital age
- A wide selection of digital learning materials and world-class leadership content available to boost professional growth and development
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for exceptional graduates who want to learn and make an impact. Ambitious personalities with the gravitas to inspire colleagues and the curiosity and analytical mind to challenge the status quo.
So if you’re on track to graduate in 2019 or have completed your studies within the last two years, we encourage you to apply. We’re seeking graduates from the following disciplines:
Accounting with CIMA (Advantageous)
Geology Honours (Geo Physics)
Where you will be working
Located in the KwaZulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased. At Rio Tinto you can explore and develop your personal and professional potential within one of the most dynamic and diverse companies in the world.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Click here to watch more about our pioneering business and how we partner for human progress.
Be the progress. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications are opened until 23 August 2019r