Knowledge Management and Comunications (KMC) State Officer, GHSC-PSM
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is collaborating with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/. As one of the largest programs among the project’s more than 30 country offices, the project office is high profile both within Nigeria and globally. The office’s KMC team is also a leader and influencer for other office’s KMC efforts around the world.
The Officers are a member of a global network of knowledge management and communications (KMC) staff in more than 30 countries worldwide, and will receive support, coaching, templates, and tools from the headquarters KMC team in Arlington, Virginia USA. GHSC-PSM country office in Nigeria is led by Chemonics International; however, the Multimedia Specialist will be an employee of Panagora Group, which has leading responsibility for the project’s KMC activities. Additionally, the project’s website and social media are managed out of the project headquarters, requiring close collaboration between Nigeria and the United States.
The Knowledge Management and Communications State Officer captures, documents and shares ongoing activities in the States to the Deputy Knowledge Management and Communications Manager (DKMC) in support of GHSC-PSM in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for knowledge capture, management, and sharing to support implementation of the GHSC-PSM strategic KMC plan for assigned regions.
- Work closely with state and local government officials to keep them informed of GHSC-PSM Nigeria and ensure information, lessons learned, best practices, and other appropriate knowledge flows properly.
- Coordinate with KMC focal persons and senior managers at the regions to promote and ensure internal and external communications processes, protocols, and needs are met.
- Report KMC activities and regional requests to the Deputy KMC Manager to support administrative and strategic reporting and knowledge sharing needs and priorities.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to increase stakeholders awareness and use of relevant information to support data-driven decision making, project learning, and adaptive management.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Cultivate relationships and collaborate with State and regional partner organizations in their knowledge contributions to GHSC-PSM.
- Promote and facilitate partner engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience KMC; experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of KMC theory and practice; experience with and understanding of USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting principles and practices strongly preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
Level of Effort and Location
Panagora is recruiting three KMC State Officers. These long-term positions will be based in Akwa-Ibom, Lagos, and Sokoto states, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
The Knowledge Management and Communications State Officer will report directly to the Deputy Knowledge Management and Communications Manager or his/her designee.
How to Apply
Please submit an application on our website: