Deputy Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Manager, GHSC-PSM
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is collaborating with governments and non-governmental agencies to ensure the uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. For more information about GHSC-PSM, please see https://www.ghsupplychain.org/. As one of the largest programs among the project’s more than 30 country offices, the project office is high profile both within Nigeria and globally. The office’s KMC team is also a leader and influencer for other office’s KMC efforts around the world.
The Deputy KMC Manager is a member of a global network of knowledge management and communications (KMC) staff in more than 30 countries worldwide, and will receive support, coaching, templates, and tools from the headquarters KMC team in Arlington, Virginia USA. GHSC-PSM country office in Nigeria is led by Chemonics International; however, the Multimedia Specialist will be an employee of Panagora Group, which has leading responsibility for the project’s KMC activities. Additionally, the project’s website and social media are managed out of the project headquarters, requiring close collaboration between Nigeria and the United States.
The Deputy Knowledge Management and Communications (DKMC) Manager is responsible for implementing and managing GHSC-PSM’s knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM in Nigeria.
**Principal Duties and Responsibilities**
- Support the KMC Manager with day-to-day activities to advance the project’s vision, mission, and mandate.
- Support implementation of the GHSC-PSM strategic KMC plan in nine regions to achieve and maintain effective communications, knowledge capture, and knowledge sharing project-wide.
- Manage three KMC State Officers, each with regional focus, to ensure that activities, outcomes, and outputs in the States are properly captured, documented, and disseminated to necessary stakeholders.
- Facilitate the curation, development, and sharing of lessons learned and other prioritized KMC information, including development and maintenance of KMC processes to ensure information flows easily and accurately from the State teams to the central-level teams and vice versa.
- Establish proper communication protocols, coordination, and management of data and other information between the Field Logistics Staff and Senior Managers at the regions to ensure KMC needs are met.
- Work with KMC Manager, country director, and senior management to ensure USAID media guidelines are followed when engaging government to release GHSC-PSM achievements.
- Establish, update, and share KMC systems, platforms, and tools – both digital and manual – to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications and to ensure the project’s institutional memory.
- Promote productive working relationships with teams across the State and regions.
- Plan and lead workshops to train staff on knowledge management and communication best practices, including USAID and GHSC-PSM branding and style guidelines.
- Review and edit project communications for clarity, conciseness, and consistency.
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
- BA/Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of KMC experience; experience working in supply chain logistics, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing direct reports and consultants.
- Experience implementing and managing new workflow systems and processes.
- Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings using KMC best practices; experience with and understanding of USAID’s collaborating, learning, and adapting principles and practices strongly preferred.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
The Deputy Knowledge Management and Communications Manager will report directly to the Knowledge Management and Communications Manager or his/her designee.
How to Apply
Please submit your application directly on our website: