Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Finance Coordinator
Duty station: 50% Maiduguri and 50% Abuja
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 1 international staff and 3 national staff
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Country Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical performance of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. He/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization procedures, and is responsible to:
● Ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donors’ procedures.
● Manage country and project accounting and coordinate administrative personnel.
● Assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission
● Update the economic and financial status of the mission and related projects, in terms of expenses, appropriations, available cash and liquidity (Prima Nota)
● Carry out a monthly update of the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer
● Provide support to the Head of Mission in drafting new projects
● Check Bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly Bank Statements and Bank reconciliations
● Check the interim and final financial reports and submit them to the Project Manager and Head of Mission for approval (with the support of the Regional Finance Officer)
● Assume responsibility for local personnel register
● Ensure the proper execution of goods, works and services procurement processes and their conformity to INTERSOS and donors’ procedures
● Be responsible for mission administrative-accounting documents and all finished project documentation (with the support and overall responsibility of the Regional Finance Officer)
Required profile and experience
Advanced university degree from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferable: Finance Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law.
● Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at national and international level, working as admin-finance officer also in humanitarian field locations
● Proven experience with different donor finance compliance and reporting (e.g.: ECHO, OFDA, UNHCR, WFP)
Good computer skills, especially MS Office / Excel
● Fluency in English is required
● French and Italian are an asset
● Ability to live in contexts with volatile security
● Team Player
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter via email to [email protected], with subject line: “**SR-49-1056 – Country Finance Coordinator – Nigeria**”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview