Global Trade Advisory Consultant
Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
- Participate in engagements requiring analysis of client records
- Understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives
- Advise multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance requirements
- Participate in duty-optimization planning such as free trade zones, bonded warehouses, free trade programs, duty drawback, and preferential trade agreements
- Represent clients on customs duties audits conducted by customs and trade authorities around the world
- Work with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions
- Help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain
- Participate in planning and compliance assistance, and exploration of automated import and export solutions
- Participate in supply chain efficiency planning including trade and security, customs valuation planning, first sale for export planning, and the analysis of transfer pricing policies to work toward compliance with customs valuation requirements
- Process improvement planning and implementation assistance.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., Engineering etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, or CITN would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of relevant work experience in Transfer Pricing/Customs and Global Trade experience (i.e., operational, government, law firm, consulting)
- Good logical reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Data management and analysis experience
- Proficiency in the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Office, Access, etc. Very good use of PowerPoint and Excel is a strong advantage
- Demonstrate interest in international trade or international business
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.