Head of Funding and Business Developmen Specifiesbique in Maputo at WaterAid
It’d hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.WaterAid is looking for a Head of Funding and Business Development to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.Working within the Mozambique team, the Head of Funding and Business Development will;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Country Programme’s business development strategy
- Coordinate bid development activities drawing on internal and external bid writing support as required. Coordinate involvement and input from relevant colleagues in Programmes, Policy, Finance and People teams.
- Facilitate robust proposal review processes which include Regional Teams and global technical and donor leads.
- Ensure records of funding opportunities and secured contracts are kept up-to-date on WaterAid’s Restricted Income System (RIS).
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- A Master’s degree in international development or other related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least three (3) years at a senior level with responsibility for programme development/fundraising strategy in a similar organization
- Strong experience of soliciting funds and managing grants/contracts from key multilateral and bilateral donors including USAID, DFID, EC, Sida etc.
- Must be fluent in English
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to [email protected] using Head of Funding and Business Development as the subject of the email.Please note: Preference will be given to Mozambican nationals. However, Candidates that can demonstrate their eligibility to work in Mozambique or applications from suitably qualified candidates without this eligibility will also be considered.WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.No recruitment agencies please.