Southern Africa Regional People Lead in Pretoria at WaterAid
Want to use your skills in people management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Southern Africa Regional People Lead to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
WaterAid is a Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation and your role will be to build on our strong employer brand and high levels of staff engagement to enable us to attract and retain the very best talent to achieve our mission.
Leading our people management strategies in Southern Africa, you will be a trusted advisor to the Southern Africa Leadership Team. You will identify and implement a regional people strategy and priorities and contribute to the wider global people function in the delivery of the people aims. Resourceful and innovative, you will have experience of leading and motivating others. You will be able to influence managers at all levels and be a credible source of advice and strategic thinking.
As a member of WaterAid’s people team community, you will contribute to the development of our global people strategies.
You’ll also take a key role in:
* Developing and supporting the implementation of a regional people plan to maximise the
region’s effectiveness in line with the WaterAid Global Strategy.
* Coaching leaders across the region.
* Supporting country programme people teams and senior leadership teams to develop
local people plans required to deliver the Country Programme Strategy.
* Recruitment and induction for people team roles in country programmes.
* Leading on specific people projects or initiatives as required
To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate:
* Track record of effectively leading a team in a matrix structure and working collaboratively.
* Experience of effectively delivering change programmes and OD initiatives (talent, reward, safeguarding,
learning, resourcing) in a complex organisation.
* Professional HR qualifications at degree and/or post graduate level.
* Able to travel internationally between 8-12 weeks per year (predominately within the region and to London).
* Experience of working in multi-cultural environments.
* Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
If this sounds like you please click ‘Apply’ to visit our careers page for a full job pack.
Please submit your CV and cover letter as one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Please provide details of your current salary and benefits.
Your application must be in English.
Please note: You must be fully eligible to live and work in South Africa to apply.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on the 23rd February 2020. Applicants should be available on w/c 23rd March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at caree[email protected]