Regional Business Development Coordinator – Southern Africa in Pretoria at WaterAid
- Contract Type:
- Date Posted:
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid’s Southern African Region is looking for a Regional Business Development Coordinator to play a vital role in our mission in the region to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. (Location: Either Pretoria in South Africa or Lusaka in Zambia – if eligible to work in either country, without requiring international relocation and work permits).
Reporting to the Regional Funding Manager (RFM), the purpose of the role is to support the RFM in positioning WaterAid in Southern Africa in order to secure significant multi-year funding. The role will involve both cultivating donors and other strategic partnerships as well as leveraging support and funding from the various WaterAid affiliate member offices. The role is also responsible for implementing the required systems and processes to enable the country programmes to do effective fund management and comply with donor contractual requirements.
We are looking for an experienced funding/business development professional with:
- A post graduate degree in international development or other related discipline (or equivalent experience gained by other means)
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years at a project manager level with responsibility for business development in a similar organization
- Experience in leading bids and developing donor specific results frameworks, technical narratives and budgets
- Experience in managing contract inception, donor compliance monitoring and reporting
- Strong numerical ability, ability to develop and review complex budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent networking skills and ability to ‘manage without authority’ to influence others to achieve results and deliver on time
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritise and co-ordinate work of self and other colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality information and reports
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your CV , covering letter and clear details of your current or more recent remuneration to [email protected] with “Business Development Coordinator” as the subject.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in South Africa or Zambia.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.