- Preparation of period financial statements in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with accuracy and timeliness as key measurement targets.
- Preparation of Board quarterly reports incorporating analytical review from previous quarter.
- Coordinating the preparation for and handling of annual statutory audit.
- Coordination of all activities relating to preparation for and handling of CBN/NDIC Risk Examinations of the Bank.
- Preparation of quarterly earnings forecast with justifications.
- Maintaining and obtaining database for addressing request from Rating Agencies, and other strategic partners
- General Ledger review and Reconciliations.
- Coordinating all issues relating to the Bank?s compliance with current and emerging International Financial Reporting Standards
- Monthly CBN Returns and Queries
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualification & Experiences
- Professional certification especially in ACCA or ACA.
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the financial service industry especially in Commercial/Microfinance Banks operating in Nigeria.
- Strong accounting bias with deep knowledge of financial accounting and regulations
- Candidate must have sound knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards especially relating to financial instruments
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities.
- Candidate must also have the ability to develop financial models and use the models to analyze business opportunities and risks
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, self-confidence, strong conceptual and presentation skills