Careers & Consulting
EnCompass is a women-owned business headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. Our global and multicultural team of staff and consultants are passionate about supporting positive change in education, food security, gender equality and inclusive development, global health, and human rights.
Each time we bring someone into our team, we enhance our EnCompass family and live our shared values of inclusion, respect, accountability, and responsibility. In our hiring practices, we are mindful of climate, culture, and diversity, always seeking to affirm the unique qualities and talents of each individual.
Open Positions« Openings at EnCompass LLC
Country Director (USAID Nigeria IHS)
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, NigeriaFull-time
EnCompass LLC is seeking Country Director candidates for an upcoming five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management activity in Nigeria. The purpose of this five-year task order is to support the establishment of a cost‐effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
We are looking for someone who can facilitate learning and build relationships, with high political acumen and strong conflict prevent and management skills. S/he must be an inclusive leader, who can navigate change with flexibility and emotional resilience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience focusing on results and impact, with strong strategic vision and an understanding of systems approaches to programming. S/he will understand how to foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning and will maintain high self-awareness and personal improvement skills.
The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Country Director will be the primary point of contact with USAID staff for the contract.
Essential functions include:
- Serve as the primary representative for contract related issues, concerns, and problems
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation
- Work closely with and supervise project staff and ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria
- Oversee project planning, provide technical direction and support, and ensure implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities
- Communicate/work with FMOH, NPHCDA, and key stakeholders at the national level
- Forge and substantiate strategic alliances with national agencies and organizations to establish USAID’s leadership role among key national human resources for health and health systems strengthening partners, including proactively seeking opportunities to liaise with major national public and private sector efforts and projects
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and local policies and laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-graduate degree or higher in Public Health, International/Global Health, Social Sciences, Management or a related discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility managing health contracts of similar nature, size and complexity, preferably for USAID or other donors in Nigeria
- Former supervisory experience is required
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience as a country director, or chief of party leading complex USAID-funded health projects, as well as managing sizeable USG-funded contracts and budgets strongly preferred
- Direct relevant experience in managing HSS programs in the areas of HRH, health policy and administration, and health systems assessment
- Professional experience interacting with other donors, implementing partners, private sector, and host country government
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria Mission preferred
- Citizens of Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.Apply for this position« Openings at EnCompass LLC
Join Our Consultant Network
To meet the needs of our clients, EnCompass has an extensive global network of expert consultants. This network of top professionals represents more than 70 countries and brings considerable technical expertise in and multicultural competencies to EnCompass’ work.We engage about 50 consultants at any one time and typically work with several hundred consultants each year. To join our Global Consultant Network, visit our consultant database, hosted by TalentLists, and complete your consultant profile.
Internships at EnCompass provide students and recent graduates a valuable learning experience by offering hands-on experience working in international development. Interns can expect to gain new skills and apply knowledge learned in the classroom in a 6- to 12-week internship program, which will include mentorship sessions, working with teams in our practice areas, offering fresh and innovative perspectives, and gaining expertise that will provide access to opportunities in the international development field.
View the internship opportunities available in the Open Positions box on this page, or reach out to us at[email protected] for more information.
1451 Rockville Pike, Suite 600
Rockville, Maryland 20852