Logistician / Administrator (M/F) – Nigeria
Closing dateMay 7, 2020
For almost 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM is running directly 3 clinics In Maiduguri (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila et El Meskin). A field team has been in place since June 2017 in Damboa local government area (LGA) and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps but also for host population. MdM medical team is supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the field coordinator, you will carry out administrative, accounting, financial and logistics management of Damboa base, supervise the log/admin team and support the field coordinator in the management of security.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Ensure procurement in the respect of MdM procedures, guidelines and policies
- Follow the operational implementation of the stock and assets procedure
- Suggest, develop and implement tailor-made trainings to key staff together with the coordination team
- Supervise the log/admin team and provide guidance and technical support
- Provide regular reporting on activities to the logistics coordinator especially through standard monthly reporting tools
- Attend to meetings in line with logistics in Damboa, or on delegation of the field coordinator
- Ensure the regular order for the compound (food, water, cleaning products…)
- Ensure the maintenance of the base (electricity, repairs) and good living / working conditions. Depending on the problems, fix it with or without the owner
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies
- Provide support in implementations of the water and sanitation (WASH) activities as well the Infection prevention and Control (IPC) in MdM premises
- Follow up vehicle rental framework contract
- Supervise the team of drivers, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to MdM safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Support the field coordinator in all aspects of security management for Damboa base
- Make sure that all communication means are in place and well used by the team
- Attend to security meetings on delegation of the field coordinator and network closely with logistics departments of other humanitarian actors
- Collect security reports and follow up
- Support the field coordinator in the update, dissemination, adherence of the security pack by the team
Administrative, human resources and finance
- Support the HR coordinator in ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, staff’s development and internal communication…)
- Fill and ensuring all staff files are up-to-date including the staff database for Damboa
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Support the finance coordination in the review of MRs, evaluation grids by ensuring the donor and saga code are completed
- Supervise all disbursements, payments at the base level (in respect of donors’ budgets) and ensure the security of funds and safety of staff
- Work with admin officer in ensuring all entries in Saga are adequately supported
- Be responsible for the book keeping (accounting) of the base under the line management of finance coordinator. Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for their base
- Be responsible for the management of the base treasury and sending of cash forecast to country office on bi monthly bases; ensure the smooth transfer and security of funds at the base level
- Prepare and finalize the base fund forecast with Field coordinator and program managers
- Update the budget follow-up and forecast on monthly bases and conduct a meeting to share the results with the team in Damboa
- Participate and assist the finance coordinator in provision of data, preparation and timely submission of financial reports to donor/HQ and etc.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: As soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2.548 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Break policy every 3 months
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM, 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Experience in working in an international NGO in emergency contexts
Experience in logistics, administrative, finance, and HR
Essential working experience in developing countries and conflict / post conflict context
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Able to prioritize and anticipate; reactive and flexible
Ability to work under stressful situation
Good communication skills
Excellent Organizational skills
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
Languages: English is mandatory, knowledge of Hausa, Fulani or French would be an asset.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to Apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JnoVFjkF?idpartenaire=128