Senior Project Manager, Food fortification
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Senior Project Manager, Food Fortification to lead and oversee all the fortification projects carried out in Nigeria.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
As Senior Project Manager, Food Fortification you will be responsible of leading the food fortification portfolio including the design, development, implementation and management of all GAIN Nigeria projects under the Large-Scale Food Fortification (LSFF) programme. Role specifics include;
- Strengthening capacity of the laboratories to expand the national pool of accredited laboratory testing and analytical capacity to support monitoring and enforcement of compliance to food fortification standards, further strengthening the national fortification program.
- Lead on the pilot procurement facility and creation of new fortification business models
- A new way of organising to make coordination and regulatory policy and operations for food fortification in Nigeria more strategic, systematic, collaborative, transparent and economical, and therefore more effective overall;
- Coordinating communications and coordination between government institutions, non-governmental organisations, UN agencies, and private industry, including organizing meetings and workshops.
- Acting as Lead Representative for GAIN at strategic and technical meetings/workshops pertaining to food fortification.
This role will be based in Abuja and is offered on a fixed term contract basis.
You will have strong leadership and team management skills, along with excellent negotiation and communication skills. You will have excellent stakeholder management, with the ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with private companies, development agencies, and governments at senior level.
Practical working experience in developing and managing projects and programmes in international development is essential. You should also have working experience in strategy development, advocacy, communications, and documentation of best practices as well as experience of managing and developing staff.
A minimum of master’s degree in social sciences, international development, business management, public health, nutrition, or related fields is required for this position.
About our offer
In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working, home working and professional development opportunities. We will support you to grow in your career and offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment. Additional country specific benefits may apply.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description.
The role is open to applications until 20th March 2020. GAIN reserves the right to close this role early and early applications are encouraged.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the following link: