The Pastoral Resolve (PARE) is a nongovernmental, non religious, non ethnic and non political, charitable organization promoting the interest and wellbeing of Pastoralists in Nigeria.
It is a membership organization that is open to all individuals and organizations that share its objectives
The objectives and activities of PARE include advocacy, provision of education and literacy, community mobilization, supporting cooperatives development, promoting improved livestock breeding and facilitating conflicts mediation between pastoralists and farmers in a parts of Nigeria. PARE promotes capacity development for grassroot pastoralists’ communities in areas of health care, community animal health care, crossbreeding, agro allied ventures, and improved marketing systems. The organization collaborations with local, nation and international governments, donor agencies and other development partners.
PARE invites applications from candidates willing to fill the position of the below post:
The job entails considerable travels all over the country and interactions with wide range of stakeholders at local, national and international levels.
It also entails leading a team of professionals in the agricultural, livestock, cooperatives development, rural development and livestock industrial sectors, among others.
The Directors shall be responsible for:
* Initiating and coordinating the Programmes and Projects of PARE involving multi- disciplinary professionals and partners;
* Leading the financial mobilization and fund raising activities of PARE as well as establishing collaborative linkages with philanthropists, donor organizations and other support organizations
* Coordinating the activities of Zonal Chapter of PARE and ensuring their compliance with the operational procedures as approved by the Nation Executive Council and the Board
* Implementing all activities of PARE, Including the day to day operations of the Secretariat;
* Day to day management of the financial resources of PARE, Including the maintenance of its asset and Infrastructure; and
* Serve as Member and Secretary to the National Executive Council of PARE; among others
The Director shall be accountable to the National Executive Council and Board of Trustees.
Qualification and Experience
* Candidate must possess a University in degree in Economics (preferably Agricultural Economics), development studies, animal science and the humanities
* Should have not less than ten (10) years of various management experience in reputable organization.
* Knowledge of participatory approaches and horizontal management is essential
* Good communication skills and interpersonal relations are required, while sound knowledge of ICT will be an added advantage.
Term and Condition of Service
The appointment shall be for a fixed term of four years, renewable once. The conditions of service are attractive and negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Mode of Application and Closing Date:
Interested Applicants should submit a written application with electronic or three hard copies of comprehensive Curriculum Vitae on or before 10th September, 2009 to:
The Pastoral Resolve (PARE)
Suite C1, 3rd Floor, Imam House,
Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna.
E-mail: [email protected]
PARE is an equal gender organization and women are encouraged to apply.