For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agribusiness project. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks a SME Policy Advisor that will be responsible for providing policy analysis support services: expert consultants, logistical support to policy forums, coordinate policy information and related data important to the value chains. In addition the Agriculture Policy Advisor will identify value chain policy needs in line with the demands of the commodity suppliers? network/organizations .
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Provide logistical support to value chain policy forums in order to strengthen the private sector voice in advocating for policy reform.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to national commodity supplier/service organizations designated to participate in advocacy, formulation, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of policies relevant to value chains.
- Master’s degree in economics, business or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in agriculture policy preferably in West Africa;
- Prior experience working on agricultural production or value chain development projects funded by USAID or by other major donors, with at least five (5) years of experience preferred;
- Professional, relevant experience in West Africa highly preferred;
- Private sector agribusiness experience (management, production, etc.) highly desirable.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply