Shell Trading and Shipping integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, and chemicals and has larger locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai and Rotterdam. Building on over 100 years of heritage in oil and gas production, shipping and marketing, Shell is the world’s largest global energy trader, with a reputation for bringing innovative new products to the market.
About our team & what we do:
The global Reward team works closely with country and business HR to develop and operationalise reward arrangements across Shell. This includes providing strategic direction on reward, market benchmarking of pay and benefits and leading the annual pay review and periodic reviews of reward policies.
Your role & responsibilities:
Your primary responsibility will be to (re)develop and operationalise specific reward arrangements that support Trading and Shipping’s business objectives, where these need to be different from the generally applicable reward arrangements.
- Reviewing the specific reward policies for Trading and Shipping and ensuring that these are kept in line with business strategy and objectives.
- Meeting regularly with senior line leaders to ensure a good understanding of reward issues, and providing advice on policy application as required.
- Keeping in close touch with external market developments in reward.
- Working with colleagues to access and analyse relevant market benchmark data.
- Developing base pay and bonus proposals that respond to external market developments and appropriately reward individual and business performance.
- Presenting such proposals to senior stakeholders and obtaining their approval.