Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) was incorporated on 29th September, 1960 as a private limited liability company with a modest paid-up share capital of N1 million and converted to a public company in November, 1978. The beneficial interest in the company’s equity is held by Nigerian and Overseas shareholders. Presently, two foreign shareholders own about 56% of the company’s paid-up share capital. The balance is held by over 75,000 individuals and institutional investors.
We are currently recruiting for the position
Heavy Equipment Manager
- Responsible for managing the operations of all company’s heavy equipment for effective maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment including but not limited to: Crushers, Mixers, Excavators, Dozers, Cranes, Fork Lifts, etc., establishing productivity goals and tracking progress of work.
- Supervise multiple maintenance mechanics, monitor the productivity, efficiency and utilization of technicians. Identify skill gaps and recommend learning interventions to ensure optimum manpower efficiency.
- Ensure that customers’ service orders are fulfilled by carrying out full inspection of the quality of repairs done by technicians before the release of heavy equipment.
THE PERSON MUST
- Be adept in troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling of equipment.
- Have excellent project management skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to work with people and make informed decisions.
- Be able to pay attention to details.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering (minimum of Second Class Lower Division).
- 7-10 years experience in a Heavy Equipment Workshop.