Knowledge Management Specialist- Nigeria
Panagora Group, a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, seeks a Knowledge Management Specialist to support GHSC-PSM’s knowledge management activities.
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Nigeria Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives in Nigeria. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID’s newborn and child health, maternal health, and family planning and reproductive health programs. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain management initiatives in collaboration with MOH and other partner organizations.
GHSC-PSM Nigeria supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Health commodity procurement and logistics,
- Systems strengthening technical assistance, and
- Global and local collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Specialist supports the project’s internal and external knowledge management and communication (KMC) activities in Nigeria. The Knowledge Management Specialist is a member of a four-person team in Nigeria and part of a global network of KMC staff in more than 30 countries worldwide.
GHSC-PSM country office in Nigeria is led by Chemonics International; however, the Knowledge Management Specialist will be an employee of Panagora Group, which has leading responsibility for the project’s KMC activities.
Associated tasks include:
- Support the implementation of the project’s Strategic Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Plan.
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes and protocols.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Support the implementation of work plan activities, identifying opportunities to champion knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to help staff adapt knowledge management tools and practices to support data-driven decision making and project learning.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Cultivate relationships with and collaborate with partner organizations in their contributions to GHSC-PSM.
- Promote and facilitate staff engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Develop state focused products for regular stakeholder engagements as well as legacy products for the government of Nigeria
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in knowledge management and communications, experience working in the supply chain, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of knowledge management and communication theory and practice.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested).
- Experience implementing and managing new information and workflow systems and processes.
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs, and webinar platforms (e.g., Adobe Connect, WebEx, Skype for Business).
- To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter on our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter on our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.