Accepting Applications for positions on the planned USAID-funded Feed the Future Nigeria Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Acti
Chemonics is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Nigerian nationals for the five-year Feed the Future Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Activity funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The estimated value of the Activity is between $14 to $17 million.
The Activity seeks to build the capacity of private extension service providers and strengthen linkages between agricultural stakeholders for sustainable agricultural and economic development.
The Activity includes three main components:
(i) Capacity building of private extension service providers for the benefit of smallholder farmers
(ii) Strengthening linkages between agricultural stakeholders and research institutions for improved coordination and collaboration.
(iii) Leverage private sector resources to improve extension and advisory services in Nigeria.
We are seeking Agriculture State Coordinators with experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
Agriculture State Coordinator:** Supervise extension agents for the monitoring of trainings, introduce new technologies, collaborate with local government partners to conduct surveys for M&E purposes, collect and aggregate data for reports, and facilitate group development and collaboration with partner institutions.
· Master’s degree in agriculture or related discipline
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in agricultural or related development programs
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge related to the aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and/or soybeans value chain(s):
· Demonstrated experience in using collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) approaches for private sector engagement
· Experience working in Kaduna, Kebbi, Niger, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross River, and/or Delta State
· English fluency is required; fluency in Pidgin English and/or other local languages is highly desirable
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter with reference to Nigeria Agriculture Extension & Advisory Services Activity and the position you are applying for in the subject line to [email protected]by July 19th 2019.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that promotes equal opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, nationality, religion, age, equality of pay, disability or Genetic information. For more information on Chemonics International, visit www.chemonics.com.