Accepting Applications for positions on the planned USAID-funded Feed the Future Nigeria Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Activity
Chemonics is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Nigerian nationals for the five-year Feed the Future Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Activity funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The estimated value of the Activity is between $14 to $17 million.
The Activity seeks to build capacity of private extension service providers and strengthen linkages between agricultural stakeholders for sustainable agricultural and economic development.
The Activity includes three main components:
(i) Capacity building of private extension service providers for the benefit of smallholder farmers
(ii) Strengthening linkages between agricultural stakeholders and research institutions for improved coordination and collaboration.
(iii) Leverage private sector resources to improve extension and advisory services in Nigeria.
We are seeking candidates for the positions listed below with experience working on USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
Private Sector Specialist:** Identifies and establishes relationships with federal and state ministries, departments, agencies, and the private sector to ensure efficient, cross-cutting collaboration in sustainable, scalable extension and advisory services. S/he will design and implement innovative private sector engagement strategies.
· Master’s degree in economics, business administration, or agriculture;
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in private sector development and a strong focus on development of partnerships with leading private sector companies and associations
· Demonstrated experience in using collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) approaches for private sector engagement
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager: Oversees all monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities. S/he will develop and manage learning plans and systems for data collection and analysis and will support training of M&E personnel.
· Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, agriculture, statistics, economics, or business administration
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation methodologies
· Demonstrated experience in employing monitoring and evaluation activities for activity implementation, particularly within agriculture production, market systems and livelihood programming
· Demonstrated understanding of M&E, CLA approaches, agriculture production, market systems, and livelihood programming
Other Positions: We are also looking for experts with the following specializations:
Project Operations Expertise:
· Communications & Outreach Manager
· Agriculture State Coordinator
· Human Resources
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter with reference to Nigeria Agriculture Extension & Advisory Services Activity and the position you are applying for in the subject line to [email protected]by July 19th 2019.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that promotes equal opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, nationality, religion, age, equality of pay, disability or Genetic information. For more information on Chemonics International, visit www.chemonics.com.