Driver at IOM Nigeria
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer/Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Assistant in Yola, the successful candidate will be responsible for completing standard driving and logistics supporting activities in line with IOM’s rules and regulations. He will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive IOM office vehicle (s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Keep record of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips.
- Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Ensure communication equipment in the vehicle are functioning properly and perform frequent radio checks with UN security office as well as radio the base for every vehicle movement (arrival & departure points).
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Collect and delivers mails/documents as assigned.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Assist in moving, relocation and general arrangements of office and shelter furniture and items.
- Record incoming and outgoing correspondence in the mail register.
- Send and receive courier packages, photocopy, faxing and filing of documents
- Perform Any other duty you may be ask
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Certificate / Diploma / Degree in related field;
· Professional license in driving; two years of relevant experience in driving required
· A demonstrated level of computer literacy is required, including experience in working with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Previous experience in similar capacity; preferably within the international humanitarian field
Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on subject line by Wednesday 10th July 2019**
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019.86 Yola. Driver G2.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.