- 2,Ilupeju bypass, Ilupeju, Lagos, Nigeria
Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
1) Signing and Authentication of documents
2) Filing of Statutory Returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission
3) Drafting and Circulating the minutes of Board meetings
4) Manage relations and correspondence with Legal Advisers
5) Manage litigation portfolio of the Company
6) Preparation of Lease and Franchise Agreements
7) Conduct Searches at the Lands’ Registry
8) Manage corporate communication
9) Process Employees’ Agreements
10) Liaise with Regulatory Authorities
Legal & Company Secretarial functions:
11) Filing of Statutory Returns to the Corporate Affairs Commission
12) Maintaining the Statutory Registers of the Company
13) Arranging of meetings (Board, AGM, EGM, Committee Meetings); Issuing Notices & Agenda
14) Assisting with the drafting and circulation of the minutes of meetings
15) Managing relations and correspondence with external Legal Advisers
16) Managing litigation portfolio of the Company
17) Managing Trademarks Portfolio of the Company
18) Managing Lease/Property Portfolio of the Company; Conduct Searches at the Lands’ Registry;
19) Preparation of Lease Agreements; Franchise Agreements and varied agreements
20) Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Memart and other statutory and regulatory requirements
21) Legal Research
- Plan, schedule and provide the regulatory advisory frameworks for the businesses for each year.
- Liaising with Regulatory Authorities
- Understand the microbiological, hygienical and environmental requirements of the separate businesses as they are required for by the external regulatory agencies and government at large.
- Keeping abreast of all government’s legislation and guidelines as they relate to our businesses and as they are specified by the Federal, State and Local government authorities.
- Understand the legal frameworks and premise for the government’s legislations guiding the business premises
- Where required, set timelines and prepare submissions for regulatory license variations and renewals
- Maintain quality systems, undertaking and managing regulatory inspections;
1) Minimum of university degree or equivalent
2) Minimum of 3 years working experience
2) Proactive self-starter
3) Logical Mind
4) Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
5) Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
6) Ability to cope with and work under pressure.