Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) was incorporated on 29th September, 1960 as a private limited liability company with a modest paid-up share capital of
N1 million and converted to a public company in November, 1978. The beneficial interest in the company’s equity is held by Nigerian and Overseas shareholders. Presently, two foreign shareholders own about 56% of the company’s paid-up share capital. The balance is held by over 75,000 individuals and institutional investors.
Wheat milling forms the financial backbone of our diversified company. FMN pioneered flour milling in Nigeria when its first mill was commissioned at Apapa in 1962 with a grinding capacity of 500 metric tonnes of wheat per day. Today, the Apapa milling complex has a rated capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. All the mills are manned by a team of highly trained and skilled professionals working at a high level of efficiency attested to by our ISO 9001:2008 accreditation recognizing that our flour manufacturing facilities are world class and operate within an internationally recognized Quality System. FMN had over the years made huge investments in milling technology and human capital to sustain its pre-eminent position and maintain its competitive advantage in the Nigerian flour milling industry.
In its over five-decade history, FMN’s flagship food brand, “Golden Penny”, continues to be one of the best known and the preferred brand amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. The “Golden Penny” basket of foods has now grown to include products such as semovita, masavita, pasta, noodles, refined sugar, margarine, vegetable oils, and a range of snacks and breakfast cereals, instantly recognizable in any Nigerian household.
FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.
CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER
- Optimize the Group’s capital structure and develop a structured approach to resolving any issues.
- Raise funds including specialized financing for the relevant businesses.
- Manage investor relations and prepare investor presentations for quarterly and annual analyst calls.
- Manage credit rating process, periodically analyze the financial performance of Flour Mills and its key competitors and share reports with the management team
- Work closely with Business Development department to determine appropriate financing options based on unique business models.
- Provide inputs into the long-term financial strategies, budgeting process and strategic capital allocation.
THE PERSON MUST
- Be detail oriented.
- Have excellent strategic planning skills.
- Have excellent analytical and forecasting skills
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- First degree in Finance or related field.
- Professional certification (CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- At least 5 years in the corporate finance function of a reputable organization.
- Experience with equity, hybrid or debt investments either at a corporation, investment bank, accounting or investor relations firm is an added advantage.