Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) was incorporated on 29th September, 1960 as a private limited liability company with a modest paid-up share capital of
N1 million and converted to a public company in November, 1978. The beneficial interest in the company’s equity is held by Nigerian and Overseas shareholders. Presently, two foreign shareholders own about 56% of the company’s paid-up share capital. The balance is held by over 75,000 individuals and institutional investors.
Wheat milling forms the financial backbone of our diversified company. FMN pioneered flour milling in Nigeria when its first mill was commissioned at Apapa in 1962 with a grinding capacity of 500 metric tonnes of wheat per day. Today, the Apapa milling complex has a rated capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. All the mills are manned by a team of highly trained and skilled professionals working at a high level of efficiency attested to by our ISO 9001:2008 accreditation recognizing that our flour manufacturing facilities are world class and operate within an internationally recognized Quality System. FMN had over the years made huge investments in milling technology and human capital to sustain its pre-eminent position and maintain its competitive advantage in the Nigerian flour milling industry.
In its over five-decade history, FMN’s flagship food brand, “Golden Penny”, continues to be one of the best known and the preferred brand amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. The “Golden Penny” basket of foods has now grown to include products such as semovita, masavita, pasta, noodles, refined sugar, margarine, vegetable oils, and a range of snacks and breakfast cereals, instantly recognizable in any Nigerian household.
FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.
ASSISTANT MANAGER, TRADE DEVELOPMENT (MODERN TRADE)
- Manage the company’s business in all Modern Trade (MT) outlets within the territory and ensure monthly sales volume targets are achieved in each store.
- Oversee and supervise all in-store merchandisers to achieve planogram execution and winning visibility.
- Build and manage business relationship with MT outlets that will drive business growth.Manage and influence orders, follow up and ensure timely replenishment of stocks.
- Ensure new products are listed in the stores and excellently execute all initiatives and activation in store.
THE PERSON MUST
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess Good Negotiation Skills
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Be agile and energetic.
- B.Sc/HND in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in FMCG sales in Nigeria with a minimum of one year managing Modern Trade outlets in a similar role.