With the increase of our activities in Borno State, the ICRC is looking for a qualified and motivated accountant, to better support our Operations. S/he will work in a motivated team of 5 persons, under the supervision of our Finance Responsible, She/he will be in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of Maiduguri sub-delegation and possibly other subsites/offices under her/his area of responsibilities.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Prepares and posts accounting entries in the accounting software on a regular basis.
· Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures.
· Helps ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management, covering the fund needs of the sub-delegation/structure.
· Guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits.
· Performs regular integrity checks of accounting entries and account balances.
· Participates in monthly/yearly account closing activities and is responsible for part of them.
· Gives guidance to Accountant 1, Cashier and provides support to other departments on Finance related questions.
· Gathers and prepares accounting documents for shipment to Abuja upon monthly closing.
· Process in timely manner correction of accounting records requested and collects any supporting documents pertaining to those corrections.
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in accounting or any relevant field
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Very good computer literacy, especially Excel
- Very good knowledge in double-entry bookkeeping/accounting
Desired profile and skills
- Rigor, methodical and good analytical skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and meticulously
What we offer
- Work experience in an international organization
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Training opportunities in Nigeria and abroad
- Career evolution and personal development
How to Apply
· Send Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to[email protected]**
· Clearly indicate “ABJ202000112 Accountant 2 MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
· In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
· Current location
· Languages you speak
· Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 28.02.2020, 16.30h. Late application will not be considered**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. **