Data Analytics Advisor
Closing date: February 25, 2020
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Data Analytics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Health Supply Chain- Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems, strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
This position will provide programmatic & operational support for all Data Management, Analytics and Reporting (DaMAR) activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM).
Some Key Tasks
- Support Data Management, Analytics and Reporting related activities of GHSC-PSM (Nigeria Health LMIS, facility-level commodity orders, Integrated Distribution Information, National Integrated Specimen Referral Network (NISRN) etcetera.)
- Support the identification, deployment and use of appropriate Data Management, Analytics and Reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, DHIS, QGIS, R-studio, python, SQL, Microsoft Azure in the GHSC-PSM project.
- Collaborate with partners to support the activities of State Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) in logistics data collection, validation, collation, dissemination, and use to inform decision making.
- Support provision of supply chain data, analysis and information to other departments and units to improve decision making
- Support data management and integration across datasets to enhance the visibility of data to ensure commodity availability at all levels of the supply chain.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to support State Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) in health facilities selection for monitoring and supportive visits (MSV) as informed by data and other related information portals.
- Provide support to GHSC-PSM data management application users for access and data use.
- Support the management of all master data (facility list, product list, LMIS reporting forms) for all GHSC-PSM project and other stakeholders.
- Support the administration and management of databases and data storage for all GHSC-PSM operations.
- Support all PSM Nigeria DaMAR activities following USAID requirements.
- Support the assessment/evaluation of ongoing DaMAR activities/projects
- Supervise a team of DaMAR unit Associates, interns, and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the manager.
Technical Skills and Knowledge Required
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems, is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems related problems and maintain the security of the systems
- Proficiency in working with office applications, ERP software, communications systems, SQL, Python, QGIS.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Familiarity with USG requirements for data management, data security and reporting.
- Experienced in USG funded management information systems projects.
- Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques is required.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to facilitate training/workshops and present technical and strategic Information data clearly and concisely to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in DaMAR.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate across different groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Communications Technology, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Sciences or related field.
- Three to five years of professional experience in data security, data analytics and database management preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
- At least three years of work experience in ICT-based knowledge and information systems.
- Ability to monitor and provide support to multi-functional teams in supply chain activities.
- Collaborate with other GHSC-PSM project staff and LMCU in the states to support supply chain activities and relationships with state officials and relevant stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector
The Data Analytics Advisor will report directly to the Manager, Data Analytics and Reporting.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria
How to Apply
Follow the link below to apply for this position.