Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Closing dateFebruary 28, 2020
Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program Task Order One (SHARP TO 01) Nigeria 2020
Chemonics seeks a Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (Director, MEL) for this $5.5 million USAID-funded HIV service delivery in northwestern Nigeria. SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, and Zamfara. The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for an individual with extensive experience with PEPFAR monitoring and evaluation who has a passion for improving performance of programs to make a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement
- Create an environment across projects and sites that encourages timely and accurate data inputs into the central data system and usage of data for decision making at the site, local, state, and national level to include patient management, commodities, and laboratory data
- Monitor site level performance to refine a client centered approach to case finding and linkage to decrease attrition and improve viral suppression
- Analyze performance and data to course correct and implement program changes
- Use surveillance data to inform programming for activities that permit it to achieve epidemic control for all genders, ages, and risk groups
- Lead the scale-up of evidence-informed combination prevention
- Guide the reporting processes amongst technical staff, consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned
- Support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program
- A master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Demography, Biostatistics or a related discipline
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for public Health programs in developing countries
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- In-depth knowledge and experience in United States Government /PEPFAR reporting requirements in Nigeria or West Africa preferred
- Proven experience analyzing similar data and applying information to improve project implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to Apply
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/chemonics_international__nigeria_sharp_to1_monitoring_evaluation_and_learning_director. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to [email protected]with only Nigeria SHARP recruit in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf